Providing HR management for a global outsourcing project
Hexaware Technologies is one of the leading and fastest growing next generation providers of IT, business process outsourcing (BPO) and consulting services in the world. The company has 33 offices throughout the world, is present in every time zone and has a workforce of more than 16,000 people. Hexaware has a rapid growth strategy to help fast track organisations into the digital era.
Watershed was asked to transfer skilled people from a Scandinavian and Baltic company to Hexaware. The requirements of the European Acquired Rights Directive, the European equivalent of TUPE, had to be met.
The four-month project required the transfer of people in Latvia, Estonia and Sweden, who would continue to work in their respective countries but would now be employed by Hexaware.
Watershed focused on the transfer of the people and:
- acted as the HR project lead for Hexaware
- established a project plan, timetable, critical milestones and risks
supported the weekly project update meetings
- liaised with the customer and employer of the transferring employees, a telecommunications company, at all stages
- consulted the employees in the three countries, where required
- ensured all the necessary legal steps were taken in accordance with the European Acquired Rights Directive and each country’s employment law procedures
- created new terms and conditions for each country
- ensured Hexaware fully adopted the terms and conditions, including new payroll systems for
Latvia and Estonia, and briefed internal managers on differences
- liaised with Hexaware’s HR shared service centre in India to ensure a smooth transition of
- created and led induction sessions for those that transferred to Hexaware.
Watershed used its established HR and employment law experience to mitigate any potential risks. We worked closely with both the external Baltic and Scandinavian telecoms provider and Hexaware during the transfer process, to ensure all parties received all the support necessary for employees to transfer without issue.
“Watershed is our trusted partner for this support. It uses a systematic and proven framework to ensure the smooth transition of people according to the legal parameters within each country. Watershed is an essential extension of our team to ensure that we complete the transfers on time and each new member of the team is integrated successfully into Hexaware”
Augustine Kuthokathen, Vice-President – Human Resources (Europe and Asia Pacific)